1.Warts are benign (non-cancerous) skin growths, most commonly found on the hands and feet. They are caused by viruses (there are around 60 known wart-causing viruses in existence). Warts are highly contagious as the affected skin cells release the viruses, so hygiene is of the utmost importance if you are affected..
2.Warts can be contracted by physical contact or indirect contact with a contaminated object, e.g. hand towel or work surface. After you have been infected, it can take weeks or months for the wart to appear on your skin. They tend to affect humans from the age of three and up, with the biggest proportion affecting 16-18 year-olds.
3.Warts commonly appear on the fingers and around fingernails. They often have a cauliflower-like appearance, but this depends on the type of wart. Typical types of wart are: common, plane, mosaic, plantar (verrucae), filiform and periungual.
- Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It's not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, or damage caused by free radicals. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow's feet.
- Whilst the majority of warts and verrucae will go away by themselves given time, they may leave marks behind and re-infections can occur. If you are suffering with a wart or verruca, DKS Clinique' offers a safe, effective treatment that will remove the offending object and restore soft and flawless skin. Laser treatment is the most common removal method and targets only the wart, not the surrounding area.
Verrucas Removal Laser Treatment
- Verrucas are also called plantar warts and occur on the soles of the feet. Unlike other types of warts, verrucas do not protrude from the skin, this is due to their position on the soles of the feet. Gravity combined with your body weight effectively pushes them back into the skin. While you may be able to hide verrucas, they can be extremely painful which is why many people seek verrucas removal treatment.
- Verrucas are caused by the plantar wart virus that enters the foot through microscopic cuts or scratches. Verrucas are pea-sized tumours that can occur on the bottom of the foot, between the toes or under the toenails and can be a source of intense discomfort.
- Although many people naturally develop an immune suppression to warts and verrucas, it is quite common for them to reoccur within 2 – 5 years. You could wait for your body to develop its own natural defence against verrucas. However, if they are ugly, painful and you are justifiably worried about them spreading, verrucas removal treatment is a safe, effective and relatively painless procedure.
How does verrucas removal work at DKS Clinique'?
- At DKS Clinique's, wart and verrucas removal treatment using a pulsed dye laser is highly effective. Warts removal using a pulsed dye laser is unique in that is selectively treats the infected area without damaging the skin surrounding it. The pulsed dye laser accurately targets the blood vessels that have been infected by the plantar wart virus.
- It heats up the infected area, seals the blood supply to the verruca and starves it. The verruca dries up and eventually falls off. This type of verrucas removal is highly successful for treating even the most stubborn warts and verrucas. Post-treatment infection is significantly reduced as the pulsed dye laser verrucas removal treatment leaves no open lesions.
- The number of warts removal treatments required depends on the size and location or the wart or verruca. Larger and deeply rooted verrucas may require several verrucas removal treatments.
- Verrucas can easily be confused with corns and calluses. Corns and calluses are thick areas of skin that are caused by friction that can be identified by looking for normal skin lines like fingerprints on them. Verrucas are lumpy with no lines and often have a black dot in the centre surrounded by a patch of hard, white skin.
Why use DKS Clinique's for verrucas removal?
- Our skin experts have over 20 years experience in identifying and recommending warts removal treatments. If you are not sure if you have a verruca on your foot, book a consultation with a skin expert at one of our Clinique's. We offer expert diagnosis and advice on the most effective verrucas removal treatments available.
- At DKS Clinique's, we take the safety of our clients’ during and after verrucas removal treatment seriously. We take every precaution to ensure the safety and comfort of our clients and keep you informed of what to expect at every stage of a procedure.